- Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, J.D., 2010, cum laude, Dean’s Scholarship, Ben Love Memorial Scholarship (presented by the Insurance Law Section of the Texas Bar Association)
- New York University, B.F.A., 1994
- Texas, 2010
- United States District Court Northern, Southern, Western and Eastern Districts of Texas
700 North Pearl Street
Twenty-Fifth Floor - Plaza of the Americas
Dallas, Texas 75201
214-871-8216 direct | 214-871-8209 fax
Chris Gabriel practices in the areas of insurance coverage, and commercial and business litigation. Chris specializes in insurance coverage analysis and litigation primarily involving commercial liability, commercial auto, and commercial property policies. Chris’s practice also involves construction litigation and the defense of business entities, property owners associations, and individuals relating to contract, property, and business disputes.
- Vicarious Liability Among Transportation Defendants, State Bar of Texas, Prosecuting & Defending Truck and Auto Collision Cases 2015, November 2015 (co-author with Rick Mosher)
- Litigation Issues Affecting Common Interest Developments, DRI Professional Liability Seminar, December 4–5, 2014 (co-author)
- Texas Limits Position on Prejudice, Claims Management Magazine (Around the Nation section), November 2014
- No CGL Coverage B for FACTA Claims, Claims Management Magazine (Around the Nation section), August 2014
- A Defense Under a Liability Policy Must Be Requested, Dallas Bar Association Headnotes Journal (Tort & Insurance Practice issue), July 2014
- The Fortuity Doctrine and Liability Policies: A Little Knowledge Can Be a Dangerous Thing, 10th Annual Advanced Insurance Law Course, 2013 (co-author with John Tollefson)
- Interpreting 2093, 9th Annual Advanced Insurance Law Course, 2012 (co-author with Aaron Mitchell)
- Allocation and Exhaustion in Texas, The Seminar Group, Insurance in the Construction Industry Symposium, January 13, 2012 (co-author with John Tollefson and Aaron Mitchell)
- What’s New? What’s Changed? Basic Highlights Of Recent Legislation Affecting Insurance Law Practice, 2011 University of Texas Annual Insurance Law CLE (co-author with Aaron Mitchell)
- The Other Policy Always Pays: A Look at Allocation and Exhaustion, 2010 University of Texas Annual Insurance Law CLE (co-author with Aaron Mitchell)
- Who is a ‘Person Acting as a Parent’?, Texas Bar Association Family Law Section Report, Fall 2008
- Obtained federal district court summary judgment in hotly contested declaratory judgment coverage action related to bad injury case based on modified injury to employee exclusions contained in CGL policy.
- Obtained defense verdict in trucking accident case with difficult facts, successfully convincing federal court jury to place almost all liability on a responsible third party.
- Obtained directed verdict for homeowners association following jury trial of claims for fraud and conspiracy.
- Obtained summary judgment for insurers in numerous state and federal lawsuits involving coverage issues on liability and property claims.
- Obtained summary judgment in numerous business and commercial cases involving property, contract, and business issues.
- Negotiated settlements in numerous coverage and defense cases, including as specific example: favorable settlement for defense client in subrogation case involving disappearance of priceless Victorian artifacts.
Professional and Community Activities
- Insurance Law Section of the Texas Bar Association
- Dallas Bar Association, Insurance Law Practice Section