- McGeorge School of Law, UOP, J.D., 1981, Finalist, National Trial Competition
- University of California at Davis, B.S., 1972, Biological Sciences
- California, 1981
- United States Court of Appeals Federal Circuit
- United States District Court Central, Eastern, Southern, Northern Districts of California
Duffy Buchanan practices in the area of aviation defense and represents pilots, operators, manufacturers, distributors, FBOs, and Part 145 facilities against claims of design and product defect, airworthiness, FAA non-compliance, property damage, and personal injury. From 1972 through 1978 he was a United States Naval Aviator, giving him first-hand operational knowledge and experience he can apply to his clients' cases.
His practice also focuses on the areas of pharmaceutical and medical devices, toxic torts, products liability, insurance defense, business litigation, intellectual property and medical and dental malpractice. He has served as national, regional and local counsel on complex-mass litigation matters for major corporations.
Mr. Buchanan has tried over 60 jury trials in California and Federal courts involving aircraft accidents, serious bodily injury, wrongful death, products, med mal, premises liability, employment, fraud, indeminty, and bad faith, among others.
Professional and Community Activities
- Aviation Insurance Association
- American Bar Association
- California Bar Association