- Texas Tech University School of Law, J.D., 2004, cum laude, Legal Research Board, Phi Delta Phi
- Texas Tech University, B.B.A., 2001, Finance, summa cum laude
- Texas, 2004
- United States District Court Northern, Southern, Western and Eastern Districts of Texas
Brandon E. Berg is a trial attorney with experience handling a variety of casualty litigation claims including multiple semi-tractor/trailer accidents, premises liability claims, automobile negligence claims, uninsured/underinsured motorist claims, dram shop claims, product liability claims, construction defect claims, errors and omission claims, Medicare/Medicaid claims, and wrongful death and personal injury claims. He has first-chair and second-chair experience in state and federal courts throughout Texas.
Represented local trucking company and truck driver in auto fatality accident involving the death of wife and injury to spouse.
Represented local trucking company and truck driver in auto fatality accident involving the death of son and injuries to daughter.
Represented local apartment complex in action involving the death of two children and injury to a third child.
Represented industrial company in action involving amputation to worker’s arm.
Represented local apartment complex in action involving death of three children in apartment fire.
Represented national restaurant chain in dram shop action involving death of two children and personal injury to two other parties.
Represented local construction company in action involving death to construction worker.
Represented local construction company in construction defect case involving alleged improper design to multi-million dollar commercial building.
- Represented insurance company and adjuster related to negligent adjustment of Hurricane Ike claim.
- Represented local and national companies in personal injury action involving traumatic brain injury to child.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of national petrochemical company based upon Texas Workers' Compensation bar.
- Obtained defense verdict in trial involving an explosion at a Houston apartment complex and injury to tenants.
Defended owners and managers of malls, restaurants, apartment complexes and other commercial properties in general premises liability, security, elevator/escalator litigation.
Defended professional truck drivers and several long-haul, regional, and local trucking companies in the defense of claims made for negligent hiring, training, supervision, retention as well as violation of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration’s rules and regulations.
Assist clients and insurance carriers with issues related to Medicare and the Medicare Secondary Recovery Act as well as Medicare Set Asides.
Professional and Community Activities
- State Bar of Texas
- Houston Bar Association
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel (TADC)
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Texas Bar Foundation
- St. Luke's United Methodist Church
Speeches and Presentations
- Investigating the Catastrophic Claim: Preserving and Gathering Evidence that Matters, Pure Insurance Seminar February 2017
- The iPhone Generation - (DE) Selecting Today’s Juror, Crum & Forster Seminar, November 2016
- Medicare Update: Please Medicare and HIPAA: Update on the New "New" Rules, Texas Insurance and Tort Law Update 2015
- Medicare Update: A SMARTer System or More of the Same; Fairmount Specialty Insurance Company, January 2015
- Don't Scream at Us!; Insurance and Tort Law Update 2013
- What Are We Supposed To Do With Medicare Settlements?, Insurance and Tort Law Update 2012
- Medicare Liens and Settlements Following United States v. Stricker; Insurance Journal; October 2011 (co-authored with Brian S. Martin)
- Medicare: What Are We Doing Now?, Texas Insurance and Tort Law Update 2011
- Subrogation and Liens: Basic Principles and Practical Considerations, Texas Insurance and Tort Law Update 2010
- Settling It Once and For All: What You Need to Know About Liens, Texas Insurance and Tort Law Update 2010, Thompson Coe Houston Seminar
- What Do We Do Now? Investigating, Evaluating and Defending the Trucking Accident Claim, presented to the Chartered Property & Casualty Underwriter (CPCU) Society, November 2009
- Investigating, Evaluating, and Defending Catastrophic Claim, Texas Insurance and Tort Law Update 2009, Thompson Coe Houston Seminar
- Extra-Contractual Liability Claims in UM/UIM Cases, presented to the Texas Association of Defense Counsel, Summer 2007 Meeting (co-author)
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation