- Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, J.D., 1990
- Yale University, B.A., 1987, History, Ralph Nickson Scholar
- Texas, 1990
- United States Court of Appeals Fifth Circuit
- United States District Court Northern, Southern, Western and Eastern Districts of Texas
700 North Pearl Street
Twenty-Fifth Floor - Plaza of the Americas
Dallas, Texas 75201
214-871-8289 direct | 214-871-8209 fax
Brad Burdette represents clients in commercial and insurance litigation matters. Brad handles a variety of business litigation issues, frequently involving the defense of individuals and companies under directors and officers (D&O) liability policies. Brad handles business disputes concerning fiduciary duties, business torts, fraud, deceptive trade practices (DTPA), ownership interests, business valuation, and securities laws.
Brad's insurance litigation practice focuses on agent liability, property claims and disputes over insurance programs, particularly worker's compensation and auto policy programs, involving agency agreements, reinsurance, premiums, underwriting, accounting, and claims handling issues.
Brad has extensive experience defending businesses against class actions both in state and federal court.
- Obtained take-nothing judgment for individual and corporate defendant in five week jury trial concerning development of a hospital, with issues involving partnerships, fraud, and breach of fiduciary duties.
- Obtained take-nothing judgment for business owner in two week jury trial concerning dispute with former company president over ownership interest, with issues involving oral agreements, statute of frauds, business valuation, minority shareholder oppression, breach of fiduciary duty and fraud.
- Obtained summary judgment for Fortune 100 insurance company on class action claim concerning overhead and profit issues on property claims.
- Represented doctors and surgery center in dispute with hospital and management company involving breach of contract and business tort allegations.
- Represented commercial property insurer in claim for $20 million excess insurance coverage concerning Hurricane Katrina damages, resulting in take nothing judgment.
- Represented workers compensation insurer in multi-million dollar claim by employer concerning premium and claims handling disputes.
- Represented insurer in complex multi-million dollar litigation and arbitration concerning multi-line insurance program for public entities, involving disputes over underwriting, claims handling and accounting issues.
- Represented workers compensation insurer in $500,000 arbitration claim involving accounting and reinsurance issues, resulting in favorable settlement after one deposition.
- Represented insurance company seeking premium payments from managing general agent in arbitration involving accounting issues, resulting in award of 100% of damages sought.
- Defeated attempts to certify a class against automobile insurers in multiple diminished value class actions.
- Defeated attempt to certify a class against Big 3 automobile manufacturer in consumer class action concerning disclosure requirements to purchasers.
- Named in Law & Politics magazine's 2005 Texas Super Lawyers® - Rising Stars list.