- Baylor University School of Law, J.D., 1984
- Baylor University, B.A., 1982
- Texas, 1985
- United States Court of Appeals Fifth Circuit
- United States District Court Northern, Southern, Western and Eastern Districts of Texas
700 North Pearl Street
Twenty-Fifth Floor - Plaza of the Americas
Dallas, Texas 75201
214-871-8266 direct | 214-871-8209 fax
Alison H. Moore represents lawyers and law firms in defending legal malpractice and professional liability claims, as well as grievance complaints filed with the State Bar of Texas. She also defends accountants, insurance agents and brokers, and real estate professionals in professional liability lawsuits and administrative proceedings. Over the years, Alison's practice has expanded to include D & O and corporate representations in a wide range of business disputes involving contract, statutory and tort claims, the most recent of which have included alleged violations of state and federal securities laws, theft of trade secrets and unfair competition claims, and claims arising from alleged breaches of data privacy laws.
As a proactive problem solver with a result-oriented approach, Alison has also assisted her clients in resolving disputes and potential claims, minimizing costly litigation and the accompanying risk. In the courtroom, Alison has successfully combined her knowledge and experience with her strong analytical and organization skills and attention to detail, with excellent results in the summary disposition of cases and in jury trials.
- Successfully defended corporation and its officer in temporary injunction proceeding in which the plaintiff sought to enjoin a significant portion of the company's business operations in a case involving allegations of theft of trade secrets and confidential business data, as well as breach of a noncompete covenant.
- Obtained a defense verdict in Travis County for a highly respected personal injury attorney in case involving allegations of breach of fiduciary duty and legal malpractice arising from the negotiation and terms of a contingent fee agreement.
- Obtained a defense verdict in Tarrant County for attorneys and law firm in a legal malpractice case that arose from the lawyers' representation of the husband in an underlying divorce proceeding; the divorce involved the division of a family business, child custody and family violence allegations.
- Obtained an award that claimant take nothing against a Dallas law firm and attorneys in an arbitration proceeding involving claims of legal malpractice, breach of fiduciary duty, breach of contract and DTPA violations, and awarding 100% of the law firm's unpaid attorneys fees against the claimant.
- Obtained jury verdict for large Dallas law firm that sued former client for unpaid legal fees; jury awarded 100% of the law firm’s unpaid legal fees and found no negligence, breach of fiduciary duty or fraud on former client’s counterclaim.
- Obtained jury verdict in favor of Dallas real estate attorney sued for negligence in drafting transaction documents; jury found no proximate cause.
- Negotiated a settlement that was nearly 50% less than pre-trial demand during a jury trial for a Dallas title company and its officers accused of fraud and conspiracy in seven real estate transactions.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of Dallas law firm and individual attorneys in legal malpractice case arising from underlying medical malpractice case, based on “case within a case” proximate cause argument.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of Dallas commercial law firm and individual lawyers in lawsuit brought by the law firm’s client’s creditor, in which plaintiff/creditor alleged fraud and conspiracy related to debts incurred by the law firm’s former client; court concluded that plaintiff/creditor’s claims failed as a matter of law.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of well known Dallas law firm and individual attorneys in legal malpractice case arising from the settlement of an underlying divorce action in which plaintiff alleged settlement was insufficient.
- Negotiated extremely favorable settlement on behalf of appraiser named in multi-party litigation arising from the purchase of $35 million office complex; purchaser alleged negligence in appraising property that resulted in $7.5 million in damage, but case was settled for a fraction of damage claim after court granted partial summary judgment in favor of appraiser on proximate cause and damage issues.
Professional and Community Activities
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Defense Counsel
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
- Defense Research Institute
- Arthritis Foundation, Texas Chapter Board of Directors (2007, 2008)
- Arthritis Foundation, North Texas Chapter Board of Directors (2005 to present); Board Chair (2007, 2008)
Speeches and Presentations
- "Minimizing the Risk of Malpractice Suits," Advanced Family Law Seminar, Houston, TX, August 8, 2012.
- “Greetings: You’ve Been Grieved. Now What?” presented to Dallas Bar Associate Ethics Fest, Dallas, TX, May 7, 2009.
- “Advanced Evidence and Discovery,” presented to the University of Houston Law Center, Houston, TX, July 10, 2008 (Houston) and July 17, 2008 (Dallas)
- “Litigation and Trial Tacts,” presented to University of Houston Law Center, Houston, Texas, December 1, 2005
- “Defending a Case Within a Case, and Other Strategies for the Defense and Handling Claim,” presented at St. Paul Insurance Company, St. Paul, Minnesota, September 21, 2004.
- “Collaboration, Mediation and Settlement: Ethical and Malpractice Considerations,” presented for the Advanced Family Law Course CLE, San Antonio, Texas, August 9-12, 2004.
- “Ethical Considerations and Malpractice Prevention in Litigation,” presented for the University of Houston Law Center CLE, Houston, Texas, May 30-31, 2002 and Dallas, Texas, June 6-7, 2002.
- “Professional and Employment Issues and Trends,” presented at Monitor Liability Managers, Rolling Meadows, Illinois, November 7, 2001.
- “Professional Liability Issues and Trends,” presented at Employers Reinsurance Corp., Overland Park, Kansas, October 18, 2001.
- “Avoiding Malpractice: Conflicts of Interest in Bankruptcy Representations,” presented for the Advanced Business Bankruptcy Course 2001, Dallas, Texas, May 17, 2001.
- “Professional Liability Issues and Trends,” presented to A. I. Management in New York, June 22-23, 2000.
- “AV” Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
- Law & Politics magazine's Texas Super Lawyers® - Super Lawyer for Professional Liability: Defense – 2009 - 2014.
- 2015-2017 Best Lawyers in Dallas, Professional Liability Litigation, D Magazine